Saturday, August 16, 2008

Family Reunion in the Great Land of Cheese

Last week, we drove to Milwaukee for a family reunion! I had a fabulous time meeting family and hanging out. We did so much and Mommy and Papa took so many photos that we can only skim the surface.

First, we met Roberta and Anna Mae for lunch in Milwaukee's Third Ward. The first photo is of Anna Mae, me and Mommy. The next photo is of Grandma, Jennifer, Mommy and Roberta. They had such a fun time....and I did too!











The Third Ward is an old warehouse district on the edge of downtown. Now it is full of lofts, shoppes, restaurants and bars.









Then Uncle Denny and Aunt Mary had us over for dinner and I got to meet my cousins Mike and Dave. Here are Aunt Mary, Mommy and cousin Dave. Aunt Mary made me a special doll to keep - it is sooo pretty! Uncle Denny held me a lot...my Daddy thinks he is super cool!











Here are Mommy and Grandma. I think they drank too much wine! Cousin Mike and Mommy hung out too.










They day of the reunion, Auntie Jennifer suggested we stop by a motorcycle rally in one of Milwaukee's cool neighborhoods. Soon after we got there, we were pulled aside by a cop! Of course it was Officer Klein (AKA cousin Roberta)!!!!! She was on patrol that morning!











Next we headed to the reunion. Here I am with Mommy and Grandma. Then one of my favorite pics of Grandma, me, cousin Ashley, Mommy and Auntie Jennifer. We had so much fun hanging out!












Even though it was early August, we were in Wisconsin and it was cold. Even native cheeseheads were reaching for their sweaters. However, Mommy and Papa listened to the weather report, which called for 78 degrees, and didn't bring mine, so Mommy had to improvise. I wish I had a cute hoodie like Ashley had!













Becki, Mitch and Anna were there too! In fact, I giggled so hard watching Anna dance to polka music. I can't wait to see Anna again and play!













Here is another picture of Mommy, Ashley and me and of me and Grandma.












The rest of our time in Milwaukee was spent eating yummy food and ice cream and taking long walks along the lakefront with Jennifer and Roberta.
























On our last day, Grandma took Mommy to see where my Grandpa grew up. It was a really neat house and beautiful farm. Where is the hill that Grandpa said he had to climb uphill both ways to school in ten feet of snow when he was a little boy?














We were so thankful that Auntie Jennifer hosted us at her apartment for our vacation. I had a lot of fun and had no problems sleeping, except for the last night when I woke up at 4 am. Oops!











I will miss Grandma the most though...she and I have a special bond.














And I think I finally figured out that the pretty baby in the mirror is me!







1 comment:

. said...

Smiles everywhere. I especially like the picture of you looking like a kangaroo baby, sticking out of the jacket. Except you're sticking out from both sides. You are one tall girl. Thanks for the fun post.