Thursday, October 23, 2008

Washington DC

Papa was asked to travel to Washington D.C. on behalf of GM to give presentations on "100 Years of Car Design" at the French Embassy so of course Mommy and me tagged along.

This is my second time on an airplane trip and as you can see I am a pro now. On the return flight, I didn't even cry when my ears popped as we landed.













But first, we spent Sunday with Becki and Mitch and my favorite little cousin Anna. We had so much fun! Anna at first thought I was her babydoll and wanted to dress me and then she tackled me. Becki and Mitch made a delicious dinner and I even got to try some chicken .... it was yummy! There were quite a few empty bottles of wine afterwards, so I think everyone had a great night. Thanks to the Marchand's for a super fun evening!












The next morning we headed off to Howard University and then to the Art Institute of Washington where Papa gave presentations to students interested in car design. He did a super job! Students kept Papa late both times asking lots of good questions.













Later that night, we met up with Papy and Auntie Kittena at the French Embassy for Papa's big presentation to La Maison Francaise. He presented to about 80 people and once again he was a hit.











I wanted to stay to hear Papa's lecture, but I kept squealing whenever I heard Papa talk, so Mommy had to take me out into the hallway. But that's okay because we played a lot. Don't I look very bon chic bon genre in my dress? But I didn't steal the show from Papa - he looks super handsome in a suit!
















I loved spending family time with Papy and Auntie Kittena!















Mommy was so proud of Papa and so was I! We should so this again, if not just to dress up!













People hung around for hours afterwards waiting to ask Papa questions and to talk to him about cars. I was super tired but didn't cry until the very very end when it was over.









The next morning we went to the Hannah's to visit Papy and his parents, Auntie Kittena and Auntie Kenna. They served apple pie and ice cream and everyone watched me play. I liked going there!















The best part about going out of town is that someone else gets to make the bed!













I didn't see too much of Washington DC, but we did have breakfast at Union Station, which was right next door to our hotel. Also, Mommy and I took the Metro a few times and I sure liked that! I charmed everyone in the subway!!!!!

2 comments:

ANDRE and JAY said...

This sounded like such an awesome experience! We are so proud to have a friend who particpated in this. Go Papa PP. BTW, Natalie looks soooooooo cute in her outfit...what a beautiful little lady.

. said...

Yo, girl! Exciting to see you and your fam at home in DC. And to see you sporting boots and shoes for the first time. That's quite a classy and varied wardrobe you travel with. No wonder you attract all the attention on the subway.

See ya soon.