Sunday, October 4, 2009

Last Days of Summer

I'm not sure who turned off the sun, but the warm sunny skies I had become accostomed to have been replaced with gray and cool weather. Thankfully, I was outside A LOT this summer and enjoyed every moment of warmth.

We went to Birmingham quite often to play at Booth Park and walk around the beautiful neighborhoods and the lake.





We attended a Labor Day parade in the village of Franklin and enjoyed a delicious burger at the Franklin Grill.




I in particular had a blast in downtown Detroit playing in the fountains. At first, I wasn't too sure about getting wet....



But after testing out each fountain (there were dozens!), I was running around squealing in my drenched clothes.


We also checked out the Jazz Festival downtown. It was so cool....lots of people, groovy sounds and yummy food.




Nancy, our good friend and neigbor, had a party to celebrate her great achievement in becoming a nurse. We are so proud of her! It was a super fun party. I got to play with Joe and Nancy's grandkids Annie, Hanna and Silas.

Wasn't I so pretty in my blue party dress?



I had so much fun playing with all the neighbor kids that I completely crashed at the end of the night. I am still a baby after all!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember that park in Birmingham. Someday soon, we'll slide down that hill. Meanwhile, enjoy all the fall fun.

Love,
Papi