Thursday, February 18, 2010

5 Years Ago.......

....Mama and Papa were newlyweds and decided to buy a pretty little bungalow in Huntington Woods. On moving weekend, a blizzard came and dumped over a foot of snow in Detroit. And on closing day, as she was loading the first boxes into her car on her way to the closing, Mama fell down the stairs and sprained her ankle. It was a rough start! Here was our house 5 years ago...



In 5 years, Mama has had one car, the Civic. Papa has had the Maxima, Hummer, and the Aura....oh and a motorcycle...oh and in 3 weeks we will have the Terrain. Can you tell that Papa loves cars?


Today, there are 1.5 more residents than there were 3 years ago!!!!


Believe it or not, the snow does melt from time to time! In fact, this is what my street will look like in about 6 weeks. I can't wait to go on long walks, greet my friends and neighbors, and smell the tulips and daffodils.


I am such a lucky girl to live here. I LOVE my house, my street and my neighborhood. Even though winter is long, I have great friends nearby and places to go and burn off some energy. Within walking distance are a dozen different parks, downtown Royal Oak, the rec center, the library, a market, the zoo and even my future elementary school! The next 5 years will be full of more wonderful memories!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Natalie:
What a sweet tribute to your lovely home and neighborhood! Lots of wonderful events upcoming at Chez Andriani! Great expectations!
LOL,
Talia's VA Grandmama