Monday, March 1, 2010

Snowy February

This was the fifth snowiest February on record in Detroit! Last week, we got around 10" in our neighborhood. I usually like walking in the snow, but it is a little hard to do when the snow is so deep!



Our nice neighbors let Papa use their snowblower so I could walk around. Ah, this is better.


Mama and I were outside playing in the snow for over an hour. But I really didn't want to touch the snow...or sit in it. I was happy just walking in it and hearing the snow crunch under my feet. Meanwhile, our neighbors built a huge snowman! By the end of the week, there were 5 snowmen on my street!


So how am I supposed to pick up a shovel when I am forced to wear mittens? Having grown up in Florida, Mama is absolutely no help in these matters. I guess I'll have to learn on my own.


We went to Mt. Meldrum, which is a sledding hill our friends built off their deck! Papa and I went sledding down the hill! I thought that was pretty neat!


Now, the sun is out, all that snow is melting, and people are out walking. Spring is right around the corner, and I can't wait to head to the playground! Happy March!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just like our girl to have fun anywhere, all the time. Snow and cold weather never looked so good.
Keep than sun screen ready. You'll need it before you know it.

Love, Papi